Awesome Lessons in Genesis!
Joseph said, "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today."
Revelation 1:3 reads, “Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.”
So I figured if I’m blessed reading Revelation aloud, the same would be true for the rest of the books! I decided to read through the Bible …aloud! I have a bit of a plan but I am not reading in any order…just some OT and some NT.
What a blessing Genesis was! It is the best book to read if you are a mother, a sister, a daughter, a father, a son, a brother, a leader…just about anybody. Genesis is a great book to read IF:
- Someone has done something awful to you
- You have children who do not like each other
- You have a relative who is into deep sin
- You sense that God is telling you to pick up and move
- Your employer cheats you
- There is something that needs to be put on the altar
- You are destitute and someone is depending on you
- Your family is just plain messed up
- You need a reminder about the sovereignty of God
- You need a refresher course in the power of God
- You’ve forgotten that God is working behind the scenes.
I cried and laughed and said a lot of “Wows” as I read it. I took my time. Reading it aloud, I believe, brought a special blessing to me!